Wow! Kaden is eight today! Why do the birthdays of my children always amaze me? Perhaps because these are moments that prove definitively that my babies are growing up and that my time is limited. How could eight years have passed so quickly? But I digress...
Kaden, at eight:
- You talk about dinosaurs all the time!
- You want to be a paleontologist when you grow up.
- You love getting presents.
- You work hard to have a good attitude.
- You love your family deeply.
- When you grow up, you want to get married and have five kids, just like our family.
- You don't like making your bed, but you do a good job anyway.
- You like puzzles and now you are up to 300 pieces, easy-peasy.
- You build amazing dinosaurs out of your imagination.
- You draw really well.
- You like to help cook, especially breakfast with Dad.
- Your best friends are Joshua and Caleb Gonzales.
- You listen to Jonathan Park shows and absorb every detail.
- You still write letters to Olivia Riddle (who Mom hopes you will marry someday).
- You like to talk to your grandparents on the phone. You can talk for a long time!
- You'd like to go to Africa.
- You want to learn Spanish and how to play the piano, violin and guitar.
- You love to watch science shows on TV, especially Magic School Bus, Prehistoric Planet, Dinosapien, Man vs. Wild, Survivor Man and Mythbusters.
- Tuna fish sandwiches are your favorite! Candy is right up there, too!
It is a privilege to be your Mom, everyday. These have been the best eight years of my life. I love you. I always will.